Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Happiness is...

Well it's really nice when you look forward to an album and it doesn't disappoint.

With this is mine I got my first listen to the Drive-By Truckers' new album, A Blessing and A Curse and it definitely does not disappoint.

I should give a shout out to the good folks at New West Records. They've always been good to us at the radio station and their promotion of this record so far has been great.

I'll have more to say on the record after I've digested it more but to let anyone reading this know, I'll be playing the entire album on my radio show this week.

Other stuff

-I've neglected my random thoughts from my show this week. Thanks to Heather at I am fuel, you are friends I had some cools new stuff this week. The solo version of "Born to Run" is pretty sweet. She's also been raving about Brandi Carlisle and after hearing her version of "Hallelujah" I really want to check her out now. Other then that normal show with lots of emphasis on new music (since I'm finding a lot of good stuff the last couple of weeks)
-I'm serious thinking about doing a segment on my new show each week on stuff I get from mp3 blogs. Finding this new stuff is sweet for a music geek such as myself.
-Speaking of finding new stuff I really have to recommend The Hype Machine. The site goes over what's been posted by some of the leading mp3 blogs over the past 3 days. They also have a list of the top songs that are downloaded. Good way to a-find songs and b-find new blogs.

Lastly like I said this week has been a week of great music. I'm loving the new Loose Fur and Calexico. Of course the new Truckers album I think I'm going to love on first impression but I said that above. Add in the Centro-Matic record which keeps growing and growing on me the more I listen.

-Watch the Loose Fur "Hey Chicken" video on You Tube.
-Download Calexico's "Across The Wire" an alternate, acoustic version from their website.
-Download Centro-Matic's "Calling Thermatico" from the Misra website.

Ok so tomorrow is the long promised Hillside Festival update number one. Off to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing