Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

The official start date of Sweet Static (radio edition)

Ok so first thing first. The official dates of the programming schedule change at CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor is the week of April 17.

That means the final show of Tupelo Blue Whiskey is Tuesday April 11, from 8-10 am. That show will be a look back at the bands and music that I played the most over the last four years. It will be connected to the original premise of the show as a showcase of alt-coutnry music.

This also means that the first show of Sweet Static will be Friday Aprill 21, from 10:30 am to noon.

Some history. A bit over four years ago I started Tupelo Blue Whiskey. Taking my name from three bands I enjoyed (Uncle Tupelo, Blue Rodeo and Whiskeytown) it started as an alt-country, roots rock, folk music show. After a year though my show moved days and got an extra half hour of time.

It was at that time that I decided to shift formats a bit. I found myself playing a lot of the same bands a lot and also itching to play more and different stuff. I like a lot of different stuff and wanted to show that on air. I still tried to play about 50% of my show's original mandate but felt free to explore other areas of music.

Now with a big shift of philosophies and programming at the station I'm deciding to kill off Tupelo Blue Whiskey and start fresh. At the same time I was really getting into mp3 blogs and wanted to try my own hand at it and 2 birds with one stone. Hence comes Sweet Static.

Once again naming the show after artists that have had a profound impact on me, Matthew Sweet and the Rheostatics, Sweet Static is going to be a mix of anything and everything. Whatever I like and I'm listening to it'll be on the show.

As well I'm planning on playing stuff I've found on various mp3 blogs and also what I've hilighted myself the Sweet Static mp3 blog itself.

So there you go. The lowdown on what's going on with my radio plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing