Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Johnny and June Cash's final performance (now fixed)

Being inspired by the great post on An Aquarium Drunkard of Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan demos (which I haven't had to chance to check out yet but I'm salivating at the thought of them) I thought I'd go into my own stuff that I've gotten off the net and share.

From the great Dime-a-dozen site I got a great bootleg of Johnny Cash performances. His first performance after the death of June, his last public performance and the one I'm going to put up now, the final performance together of June and Johnny.

The show is from September 28, 2002 at the Carter Family Fold in Hilton, Virginia. The sound quality isn't the best but historically it is priceless. The set list is...

9. Spoken jeanette carter
10. Jackson
11. If I Were A Carpenter
12. The far Side banks Of Jordan
13. Spoken
14. Daddy Sang Bass

I've set it up on rapidshare here as a zip file. I searched for the torrent on the site but couldn't find it.

I'll put the other 2 sets up over the next week.

Hope you enjoy. More later today.

*Note from April 8, I originally posted the wrong info so this post is updated and fixed to reflect the proper information and files.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing