Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Zunior Monday (on Tuesday)

Was resting yesterday hence no Zunior Monday but here it is now.

A nice little song by Blood Meridian. Blood Meridian is part of the Black Mountain spin-offs, friends, etc. Not entirely sure how but that's how the Zunior site describes them.

The song this week is "Hey Waitress" from the Soldiers of Christ EP. I played the song on my show this week and really liked it. Nice country-ish song. Can't wait to hear more.

Checking their website I saw they are signed to V2 in the US.

I really got into the Black Mountain record from last year a lot. Was slow to grow on me but really dug it big time. So with that in mind you can download "Heart of Snow" from the Jagjaguwar site.

Other Random Thoughts
-I've heard the first half of the Loose Fur record and it's amazing. Can't wait to hear the rest.
-Anyone who knows me knows I'm slightly obsessed with Kevin Smith. Well his most excellent blog Silent Bob Speaks has been updated. After a lengthy hiatus during the filming of Clerks 2 he's been updating it quite a bit lately. He may not always tell you things you want to know about but he's refreshingly honest and doesn't hold much back.
-Tomorrow morning you tune into the Mich Vish Interracial Morning Show for an inteview with Bettye LaVette. You can hear the show on CFRU in Guelph. Should be a most excellent show.

Ok off to bed. Tomorrow some thoughts on my show from this week and hopefully my first Hillside Festival update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing