Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

More older Feist music

Since my previous post of music from Feist's Monarch album seemed to be popular I'm back with another post of older music.

Up first is a track from Placebo 4. This is a live track from an old campus radio show on CJSR in Edmonton called The Great Western Ballroom. It was a show of interviews and live tracks.

To hear more tracks from Placebo 4 you can check out this post from All Things Feist.

Now a couple of weeks ago Clever Titles Are So Last Summer did a post on By Divine Right and it reminded me how much I loved their Bless This Mess album, which featured among others a pre-Broken Social Scene's Brendan Canning and Leslie Feist.

Check out the original post here.

Anyways I remember seeing Feist playing with the band a couple of times when they were touring the album back in 1999. By Divine Right has mostly just been the project of lead guy Jose Contreras if my BDR history recollection is right. Anyways I've got three songs from the album. Feist played guitar and did back up vocals. Not really exciting if you are a hardcore fan and want to hear her, but these are good songs still. They are...

"Come For A Ride"
"5 Bucks"
"Twisted Crystalline"

For the record "5 Bucks" has one of my favorite lines of all time "Kiss the girl named Rock 'n Roll"

All four songs are together on Rapidshare as a zip file which you can get here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.allthingsfeist.com/?p=71

^go there for the Placebo4 "Don't Drink the Bathwater EP". Thanks for the BDR tracks. Glad your enjoying the blog, thanks for the linkage. :)

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing