Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Two weeks of the Anit-Hit List-part one

Yeah so I fell behind last week with my internet troubles but now trying to catch up. Two editions of John Sakamoto's Anti-Hit List to go over so I'll just hit the things that caught my eye.

In the April 29th edition he pointed the way to the Sonic Youth Myspace page where they have four songs from the new album streaming. He recommends "Reena" and to be honest it's a great Kim Gordon song. Stereogum also has a new song up for download from the forthcoming Rather Ripped. So head over there to download "What A Waste".

There's also a Montreal band called Think About Life that Sakamoto compares to "Sounding like an unruly cross between The Strokes, Yo La Tengo and New York dance-punk revivalists !!! (a.k.a. Chk Chk Chk)" You can download the song "Paul Cries" from there websites here.

Last song to go over is Georgia Anne Muldrow out on the Stone's Throw label. Sakamoto puts it right when he said "On first listen, this sounds like three or four songs playing at the same time, but once your ears get accustomed to the wildly varied elements — soul, jazz, hip-hop, Bjork-like vocal arrangements — you begin to grasp just how precisely this 22-year-old multi-tasker has fit everything together." Really interesting stuff. On her Myspace you can stream 3 songs and on the Stones Throw site you download the song "Larva".

Read the whole April 29th Anti-Hit List here.

I'm going to do this as two posts so I can get something up. The May 6th edition coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing