Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Two weeks of the Anti-Hit List-part 2

In the May 6th version of John Sakamoto's Anti-Hit List some good stuff.

Going to start with B.C.'s Leroy Stagger. One of those bands that I've heard of but never really listened to. Going to have to change that after checking out a couple of songs. The list brings up the song "Beautiful House" from a new EP. Can't comment on that version but you can hear the original streamed on their Myspace page here. Also from their site you can download "Just In Case".

Jolie Holland is back with a new album and you can download two tracks from it on the Anti website. A little bit of jazz and a little bit folk and a beautiful voice. You can get the title track "Springtime Can Kill You" here. After enjoying that get "Crazy Dreams" here.

Then from the I remember those guys from a long, long, time ago file Kula Shaker is back. I'll admit I always liked Tattva. Anyways they're back after falling off the face of the world and on their Myspace they have a song off their new EP streaming called "Diktator of The Free World" Catchy song and it'll be interesting to hear what the rest of their new stuff will sound like. You can check it out over here.

Lastly a band I've never heard of but Sakamoto's description got my attention, is The Hazy Janes. He said "Though they've drawn comparisons to Ash, the bifurcated sound made by this four-piece out of Dundee, Scotland, more closely approximates a cross between the jangle of The La's and the rustic harmonies of the Jayhawks" In fact Gary Lourris appears on the record. Nothing to download but four songs for stream on Myspace so check it out.

To check out the rest of this weeks Anti-Hit List head over here.

Probably one more post today, just pointing the way to some cool stuff from other blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing