Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Chris Martin and Ron Sexsmith

On my way out to my radio show but wanted to get this up since I've been stalling on it.

Well it's apparent that EMI doesn't like Chris Martin singing with people.

Chart Magazine has an article on how they won't allow Chris Martin to sing on a song for the new Nelly Furtado record. I guess they even previewed the song, called "All Good Things," for journalists.

To read the article go here.

Not the first time they've done this. There was the song with The Streets that they wouldn't let be released.

However there was a song he was allowed to sing on. Back on 2002's Cobblestone runway Ron Sexsmith had Chris Martin sing on a "remix" version "Gold In Them Hills" The story as I remember was that Martin and Coldplay were big fans and the producer or engineer of the record knew Coldplay and Martin sang some of it as a duet. Sexsmith wasn't too crazy about the idea, probably because he's usually overshadowed by his "famous fans" whenever someone writes about him. But the version of the song was released as a bonus track at the end. There even was a video with both of them in it.

Anyways here are both versions of the song (the Martin version is labelled as remix) of course as zip on Rapidshare.

To get both versions of the song go here.

And since I'm now actually exploring You Tube here's the video as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing