Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Not another covers post...

Yes another covers post. Why you ask? Why not I say. I love covers, always have, always will. Good or bad I'm always searching for them. So I'll reach into my collection every so often to spread some around.

1-Rheostatics-"My Generation" The Rheostatics are my favorite band ever. No question about it. Anybody who knows me can tell you this. Anyways they've been at it for over twenty years and this is from their first ever release. A 45 in which they covered The Who's "My Generation" but as a new wave song. Not a good representation of what they're about but still an interesting listen.
2-Otis Redding-"A Hard Day's Night" live in Birmingham, Alabama from 1967. Another one of those great bootlegs I got off of Dime-a-Dozen. A collection of live and television appearance by Otis Redding includes him covering this Beatles song.
3-The Band-"Atlantic City" Heather of I Am Fuel, You Are Friends originally did a post of Bruce Springsteen covers and I offered to send her an album of Bruce covers from Uncut Magazine back in 2003. Well she put up all the tracks (plus more) in an excellent post but I'm putting up one of my own (that I sent her). For whatever reason The Band's version of "Atlantic City" has really gotten to me the last couple of weeks. It's not the real Band but they still do a nice job with this song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing