Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Architecture in Helsinki and other random notes

So I got the Architecture in Helsinki email today and it had a couple of interesting things in it.

First is that they're on their last major tour in support of In Case We Die, their excellent record from last year.

More interestingly (at least to myself) is that they recorded a cover of "Pet Sounds" for a "...Pet Sounds tribute album to come out on Spanish Label Houston Party in May, the comp also features Daniel Johnston, Will Oldham, Iron and Wine, Patrick Wolf & Vic Chesnutt amongst other winning contributors."

First I've heard of this and his me intrigued being the covers fan I am.

You can read the whole newsletter here.

A couple of other things that caught my eye

-One Louder has a very good column up on mp3 blogs and ethics. Some really good stuff in the article and in the comments.
-I added some links to the side over to your left. Once again not in any order, just as I take them off my bookmarks and put them up. Eventually soon I'll put them in alphabetical order.
-Getting ready for baseball. Just saw the Tigers' schedule and the Blue Jays don't make it down until September which sucks, especially since it is in the middle of the week. Now just gotta hope my fantasy teams hold up like I think they will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing