Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Sweet Static Playlist 3/30-Rheostatics Tribute Show

Yes today was the all Rheostatics show. Lots of rare stuff and lots I didn't even get to. Probably going to play a couple of more songs next week that I really wanted to play. Thanks to Dave Ullrich for joining the show to talk about The Secret Sessions. I'll post the links for the show later for those who wish to download it.

Voting for the annual CJAM Jammy Awards are now open. Sweet Static is up for best Indie/Rock Show. Go here to check it out and vote.

You can listen to Sweet Static, every Friday from 10:30am to noon on 91.5 FM in Windsor/Detroit. Or you can tune in on the internet at
-http://cjam.ca, under listen or
-opening a url on whatever player you use and put in http://137.207.3.11:8050/

New and improved broadband stream from the station, as well as the original lo-fi stream.

The show is archived for a month at http://web2.uwindsor.ca/cjam/nvd_mp3.php with a new, easier to navigate layout.

as always...

cc-canadian content
*-in rotation
r-request
mp3-from an mp3 blog (link on the mp3)

Rheostatics-Crescent Moon from Greatest Hits (DROG-1993) cc
Rheostatics-My Generation from Rare on Rheostatics Live mp3 cc
Rheostatics-Woodstuck from Moose: The Compilation (Moose-1991) cc
Rheostatics-Making Progress from 2067 (True North-2004) cc r
Cuff The Duke-Claire from The Secret Sessions: Rheostatics Tribute (Zunior-2007) cc *
Rheostatics-Green Sprouts from The Whale Music Concert (Zunior-2005) cc
Rheostatics-Crystal Soup from Green Sprouts Meet Xmas Brown on Rheostatics Archive mp3 cc
Rheostatics-RDA (Rock Death America) from CBC Realtime Session on Rheostatics Live cc mp3
Rheostatics-Desert Island Discs from Double Live (DROG-1998) cc
Rheostatics w/Gordon Downie & Ron Sexsmith-Take Me In Your Hand from CBC Realtime Session on Rheostatics Live cc mp3
Rheostatics-The Pooby Song from The Nightlines Session (DROG-1997) cc
Rheostatics-Torque Torque from Whale Music Soundtrack (Sire-1994) cc
Rheostatics-Bad Time To Be Poor from No Mega-CD (No Megacity) (Protest Boy-1997) cc mp3
Rheostatics-Me And Stupid from Introducing Happiness (Sire-1994) cc
Rheostatics-Joey II from Green Sprouts Meet Xmas Brown on Rheostatics Live mp3 cc

Interview with Dave Ullrich (Zunior)

Wooden Stars-Saskatchewan from The Secret Sessions: Rheostatics Tribute (Zunior-2007) cc *
Rheostatics-Horses from Melville (Intrepid-1991) cc
Rheostatics-You Are Very Star from Melville (Intrepid-1991) cc

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the links Mike. I have set up a site dedicated to the last night at http://www.goodgonedead.rheostaticslive.com. If anyone was at the show, email me your ticket stub and I'll add it to the "I Was There" section.
Darrin

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing