Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Today's Rheostatic Post

Wednesday is my really busy day (in real life) so probably not too much today Rheostatic-wise. Today some links to great stuff on the internet.

In honour of the last Rheostatics show, CBC has a a photo gallery up with some great pictures of the band spanning the years. Definitely worth seeing and you can check it out here.

For a comprehensive history of the band (well comprehensive up to 2001) you can see Exclaim Magazine's Timeline story here.

Lastly I'm going to point the way to one of my favorite articles of the band of all time. It was originally printed in ID Magazine from 1999 by Michael Barclay of radio free canuckistan. I have a whole bunch of articles I kept over the years and started a website to put them up (Rheostatics Media Archive). I stopped putting stuff up (as well as collecting them). Maybe I'll go back some day and put new stuff up. For now though you should read "License To Confuse" here.

Hopefully more later today (the very least the link to the Dave Bidini interview from CFRU)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing