Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Rheostatics Week Continues

Well today a rare song, an upcoming interview and a book excerpt as the Rheostatics farewell countdown continues.

First the interview. This week on the Mich Vish Interracial Morning Show, Rheostatic Dave Bidini will be on talking about the last show. The interview will take place around 7:30 am this Wednesday on CFRU. I'll provide the link after the interview. For full details go here.

Next the excerpt. At radio free canuckistan, Michael Barclay has an excerpt from his amazing book he co-wrote, Have Not Been The Same, from the Rheostatics chapter. It's a four part post and part one can be seen here.

Lastly the rare song. One of the biggest Rheostatics hits would have to be "Bad Time To Be Poor". Originally on The Blue Hysteria album, it came during Mike Harris and the PC "Common Sense Revolution". People were hurting and the song struck a nerve. At the same time the Ontario government was in the middle of merging all the municipalities of Toronto into the "Mega City". Lots of people didn't like the idea and a benefit album came out to fight it, No Mega-CD, in 1997. On it was a new version of "Bad Time To Be Poor". Not really circulated much I'm sharing it here with you all. Just a straight up mp3 on YouSendIt and the link is below.

Rheostatics-"Bad Time To Be Poor" No Mega-CD version

Back tomorrow with another Rheostatics post.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing