Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Friday, March 30, 2007

More Rheostatics Links And Don't Forget Dave Ullrich Interview Today

Well today is the big day. The final Rheostatics show tonight at Massey Hall. A few more interesting stuff has popped up around the internet.

Over at radio free canuckistan, the last two installments are up of the excerpts from Have Not Been The Same. Also there are interviews with Dave Bidini from the end of last year, which I mentioned before but not as much as I thought I had. Anyways they're definitely worth looking at go into the ending of the band. All the links below

-Have Not Been The Same part 3
-Have Not Been The Same part 4
-Dave Bidini interview part 1
-Dave Bidini interview part 2

Eye Magazine also had a really nice write up, basically an obituary for the band as well as words of appreciation from some famous friends and fans including Feist, Justin Rutledge, Hawksley Workman and John Southworth.

-Part one is the write up
-Part two is the testimonials

Lastly don't forget that Dave Ullrich of Zunior will call in on today's radio edition of the show to talk about The Secret Sessions: Rheostatics Tribute. It will happen around 11am EST. You can listen in live at the CJAM website.

To get you in the mood enjoy this Inbreds classic.

The Inbreds-Round 12 (Live, Calgary 2/97)

As for Rheostatics posts there will probably only be one or maybe two more from me. Probably a post-show wrap up and then one last big, personal one.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing