Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Anti-Hit List For September 9

Busy week and had other things that I wanted to post about so I never got around to doing my weekly recap of John Sakamoto's Anti-Hit List for September 9, until today. So here we go.

Ben Kweller is up first. He has a new album coming out and he's put two songs from it up on his Myspace page. Sakamoto brings up the song "Penny On The Train Track", comparing it to Kweller's work with The Bens. It's a really fun song that you can check out here.

Brooklyn's Dirty On Purpose is up next. Calling their album Hallelujah Sirens a prime suspect to be the most overlooked album of the year, he points out the song "Your Summer Dress" saying it's, "a cross between the Smashing Pumpkins' '1979' and The Police's 'Every Breath You Take'." You can stream it on their Myspace page here. Also here's a song from their homepage that you can download.
Dirty On Purpose-"Mind Blindness"

Next up is Summer Hymns. Misra Records is releasing their album in November and is making the song "Pity And Envy" available for download. A really relaxed song with some great lyrics. I'm looking forward to checking out more from them.
Summer Hymns-"Pity And Envy"

Last we have the "Hurts Like Teen Spirit" mash-up featuruing Johnny Cash vs. Nirvana with a touch of Blue Oyster Cult and New Order thrown in. This is a really great mash and as Sakamoto says it's one of the "rare mash-ups that shoots for something far more subversive than being a cool party trick. I'm pretty sure this has been making the rounds of the blogs but nothing wrong with it getting out some more. From The Control Centre.
DJ Dangerous Orange-"Hurts Like Teen Spirit"

Other bands featured include The Young Knives, The Awkward Stage and Larrikin Love. To check out the entire Anti-Hit List from September 9 go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing