Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Sweet Static Grand Slam-The Bicylces

I'm sure people are sick of me talking about The Bicycles by now, but that's too bad. Why so much talk, well their album, The Good The Bad And The Cuddly, is very good and live they are amazing and full of fun.

Playing with Henri Faberge And The Adorables at Phog here in Windsor I could see why the album is doing so well on the Canadian campus radio charts since its release. Most of the show had eight people up on stage with many tambourine solos. Lots of fun and definitely recommended if you can get a chance to see them.

Anyways after the show, drummer/singer Dana Snell was kind enough to do the Sweet Static Grand Slam.

1-Who is your favorite Muppet?
Animals


2-What is your favorite band or artist that no one knows about?
Gong


3-The shot (alcohol) that you hate to do.
All shots, but hates Vodka the most.


4-Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for a significant other.
1-Local Rabbits-"Never Had To Fight"
2-Nick Drake-"One Of These Things First"
3-Some obscure rocking song like Heart's "Magic Man" or "Crazy On You"


Since I've already posted The Bicycles songs you can download from their website in a previous post, I'll point out that they have a couple of different songs up on their Myspace page that you can stream. Also there is some live clips of them up on YouTube so enjoy them.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing