Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sweet Static Grand Slam-Henri Faberge And The Adorables

On Friday I had the pleasure of seeing Henri Faberge And The Adorables at Phog here in Windsor.

The band was greatly reduced from their normal eight or so players as only three came down. But members of The Bicycles jumped in and it was a great show. Lots of fun and a killer cover of The Constantine's "On To You" (my favorite song of their's) Front man Henri Faberge himself, was kind enough to take some time out to do the Sweet Static Grand Slam.

1-Who is your favorite Muppet?
Beeker


2-What is your favorite band or artist that no one knows about?
Township Expansion


3-The shot (alcohol) that you hate to do.
With a 22.


4-Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for a significant other.
1-Boyz II Men-"It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday"
2-Billy Ocean-"Get Out of My Dreams, Get Into My Car"
3-Jon Bon Jovi-"Dyin' Ain't Much Of A Livin'"


You can download three songs from their Myspace page.

If you are in Toronto next weekend, September 16, make sure you hit their cd release show at Palais Royale. A stacked line-up that includes The Bicycles, The Barmitzvah Brothers, Gentleman Reg and more. For full details go here.

Henri Faberge And The Adorables-"Dance Dance Revelation"
Henri Faberge And The Adorables-"Ventriloquist Love"
Henri Faberge And The Adorables-"Out Of Your League"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing