Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Flaming Lips/Sonic Youth Review

Friday night I went to see The Flaming Lips, Sonic Youth and The Go! Team at the State Theatre in Detroit. It was a great line-up that didn't disappoint at all (at least in my eyes)

I didn't know much of The Go! Team's stuff. I had borrowed their album from the radio station a couple of times but didn't get into it at all after a few listens. Live though I really liked them. Pure ball of energy (especially the lead singer). They played a short set, about half an hour, which made me wonder how they would do if they tried to keep that energy up for an hour or so. Can't wait to give that album another try and hopefully get to see them again.

Up next was Sonic Youth. I've never really been a big fan of them. I've like what I've heard but never really explored their catalog. Really amazing to see them live. Lee Ranaldo does some amazing stuff with his guitar. Can't say much about Thurston or Kim since they were at the other side of the stage for most of the show and I couldn't see them much but really tight show and I'm glad I got to see them.

Finally came The Flaming Lips. I was right up front for the show and really glad of it. Now I've seen clips of The Lips in concert and read about it but let me tell you , nothing can prepare for the experience of seeing them live. It was a mindblowing experience and one I can't wait to go through again. So much fun, so much joy. Words can do it no justice, so I'll shut up and just say that if you get a chance to see them then go.

No music to post with this but I will remind you to go check out the Lips/Youth covers post I did a couple of days ago.

Back on Tuesday with The Anti-Hit List review for this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing