Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Sweet Static Playlist 7/28

You can listen to Sweet Static, every Friday from 10:30am to noon on 91.5 FM in Windsor/Detroit. Or you can tune in on the internet at
-http://cjam.ca, under listen or
-opening a url on whatever player you use and put in http://137.207.3.11:8050/

New and improved broadband stream from the station, as well as the original lo-fi stream.

The show is archived for a month at http://web2.uwindsor.ca/cjam/nvd_mp3.php with a new, easier to navigate layout.

With this week being Windsor Pride this week's show is my annual Pride tribute show with music from gay artists and gay themed music. Didn't have time to get my usual full list (hence no Magnetic Fields) but that's ok.

as always...

cc-canadian content
*-in rotation
r-request
mp3-from an mp3 blog

shapes and sizes-I am cold from self-titled album (asthmatic kitty-2006) cc *
the hylozoists-elementary particles from la fin du monde (boompa-2006) cc *
the go! team-huddle formation from thunder, lightning, strike (columbia-2005)
run with the kittens-cleveland is closed from self-titled album (indie-2006) cc * mp3
golden smog-I can from another fine day (lost highway-2006) *
patterson hood-belinda carlisle diet from killers and stars (new west-2004)
barzin-just more drugs from my life in rooms (weewerk-2005) cc
johnny cash-like the 309 from american v: a hundred highways (lost highway-2006) *

annual tribute to windsor pride
gentleman reg-all my love from darby & joan (three gut-2004) cc
the hidden cameras-worms cannot swim nor can they walk from ecce homo (evil evil-2001) cc
the hidden cameras from the smell of our own (evil evil-2003) cc
-golden streams
-the man that I am with my man
the hidden cameras-music is my boyfriend from mississauga goddam (evil evil-2004)
final fantasy-this is the dream of win & regine from has a good home (blocks-2005) cc
rufus wainwright-april fools from self-titled album (dream works-1998) cc
bob mould-paralyzed from body of song (yep roc-2005)
rheostatics-queer from the whale music concert (zunior-2004) cc

yellow wood-if you ever need a friend from self-titled ep 2 (indie-2006) cc *
bonnie prince billy-god's small song from the letting go ep (drag city-2006) *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing