Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Anti-Hit List for July 29

Yes I still have July 22's Anti-Hit List to review but I'm going to start with the latest edition of John Sakamoto's Anti-Hit List.

Going to start off with a band called Headlights out of Illinois. I have never heard of them but I really like the song they have for download and that Sakamoto singled out. "TV" is a really good song and is from their album Kill Them with Kindness out on Polyvinyl. You can the song below...

Headlights-"TV"

Next up is a mash-up of Guns N' Roses and Foo Fighters mixing "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Times Like These" done by Synchronoize. Sometimes these mashes make me wonder how these people figure things out. You don't think stuff will work and then they somehow always do.

Guns N' Roses vs Foo Fighters-"Sweet Times Of Mine"

Next up is the return of Toronto's The Golden Dogs. They have a new album coming out in August on True North and have four songs from it up on their Myspace page to download. You can check out this one (or go to the page and check out all four)

The Golden Dogs-"Never Meant Any Harm"

Cutting this short so I can go do last week's list. Other stuff on this week's list include Scissor Sisters, Billy And The Lost Boys and Pure Reason Revolutions. To check out the whole list go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing