Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Anti-Hit List For July 15

Back again with a look at John Sakamoto's Anti-Hit List. Not much to download but some sweet previews are out there.

Up first is the new song from Jarvis Cocker of Pulp. I remember reading that he had put up a new song on his Myspace page but never went to check it out. Really interesting song lyrically and musically I'm really liking it. A nice surprise and could be my favorite Pulp/Cocker song in years.

Up next the Yep Roc has a media player going with a bunch of songs from the forthcoming live album by The Sadies. You can check out five songs from In Concert Vol. 1 over here.

Up next is a song from The Long Winters out of Seattle. They have an EP coming out on Barsuk and they have a song up, as well a bunch more here. "Pushover" is a great, great song.

As for scary (and this is for the brave only) check out the new David Hasselhoff video. Words do no justice to this. Go here if you dare.

Also we have new music from The Dears thanks to the people at Obscure Sound. Unfortunately this is at the end of my post and I gotta run so I haven't checked out the songs but that'll come in the next day or so. Check out the three songs they've got up right here.

Last but not least where would we be without some Snakes On A Plane. The video for the lead song from the soundtrack is up. Cobra Starship is the band and "Snakes on a Plane (bring it)" is the song. Not a bad sounding song and you do get to here Samuel L. Jackson go off at the beginning of the song. Watch it below.



Damn, this is the biggest recap I've done in a while for the List but there was a lot I was curious about.

To check out the whole list go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing