Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Clerks II: The War With The Critic

With Friday's big release for Clerks II (well at least for me it's big and I've tried not to whore the movie too much lately) a big fight has started with Good Morning America movie critic Joel Siegel.

Monday night was a press screening in New York for the movie. Siegel was upset with some of the content and according to witnesses did this, "Siegel bellowed to his fellow critics “Time to go!'’ and “This is the first movie I’ve walked out of in 30 fucking years!"

So with this Smith went over his displeasure with this, not him leaving the movie which he understands, but over how he did it. You can read Smith's entire rant on this over here. Bottomline though is that he says Siegel was unproffessional (although Smith says it better with more humor but then again I'm just trying to paraphrase)

So of course it got picked up by the media, including the New York Post who interviewed Siegel and he said, "It was so foul and mean and repulsive. I finally realized I could not say anything positive . . . I wasn't ready for this kind of smut . . . I hope he doesn't make any more movies."

Well then this morning Smith was on the Opie and Anthony Show and they were able to get Siegel on the phone. It's a wierd little conversation and as Smith described it later, "What follows is pretty fucking entertaining radio and a fascinating insight into the hubris that comes with being the “punny” movie critic on “Good Morning America”."

To hear the whole interview go here.

Kevin Smith vs. Joel Siegel from the Opie and Anthony Show

For complete coverage of this and everything that's going on with Clerks II, I recommend heading over to News Askew.

Friday is the big day. I'll be there nice and early to watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing