Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Monday, June 26, 2006

The Anti-Hit List for June 24

Back with a quick look at John Sakamoto's Anti-Hit List for June 24.

Just a brief look since I'm on my way to work. Also got no sound on the computer I'm using so flying blind here.

First thing to catch my eye was mention of former Wilco member Jay Bennett's pre-Wilco band Titanic Love Affair. They've got a Myspace going with some of the old songs and includes a never release cover of Carole King's "It's Too Late" I know Bennett has some more stuff up there and I really want to check it out. I loved his post-Wilco album, The Palace at 4 AM but unfortunately haven't had the chance to check out anything else.

Next is a mash-up that I really want to hear. Lenlow has taken Lou Reed, John Lennon and G Love and Special Sauce and put together "Imagine Wild Music" Sounds like it could be fun.

Lenlow-"Imagine Wild Music"

Other stuff mentioned this week includes Lily Allen, Venetian Snares, Howlin' Rain and more.

Sorry this is so short but hopefully this is better then nothing.

To check out the entire list you can go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing