Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

NXNE part 1

Hopefully this falls under the banner of better late then never. Only two weeks late but it's never a bad thing to let people know of good music you've seen.

Hit a couple of bars the first night of NXNE. Started off at the Gladstone to see a couple of friends play, Nathan Coles Outfit and Ten Year Drought. Really nice when there is two bands you want to see playing at the same time and they're right beside each other. Wish I could of caught all of their sets but at crazy festivals you can only do so much.

Nathan Coles Outfit-"I Watch"

Ten Year Drought-"Pianos And Anvils"

From there it was over to The Boat. Really small bar, no stage and lots of buzz. I headed over there base on the recommendation of a couple of friends. Huge line when I got there but thanks to my media pass I was able to get right in. Place was packed and was a really good crowd.

Highlight of the night for me was seeing We're Marching On from Guelph. Really fun band live. Weird stuff musically but good. Great show. Curious to see how the stuff comes off live.

We're Marching On-"The 1800s"

Also got to see The Adam Brown from Montreal. Another fun band live. They were dumb, over the top rock show and I mean that in a good way.

Nothing to download that I can find but four songs are streaming on their Myspace page.

Land of Talk was recommended to me but I only caught a couple of songs at the end of their set. Going to have to give them a listen so I can figure out what to think about them. For now you can judge for yourself.

Land Of Talk-"Speak To Me Bones".

That was it for the first day. More to come tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing