Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Replacements

So interrupting my NXNE reviews to put up a post on The Replacements. I picked up the new best of album, Don't You Know Who I Think I Was?, this week and been listening to it hardcore.

Now I have to admit I was really slow in getting into the band. My first exposure to the band came when I swapped mixed tapes with a girl on the Rheostatics email list that I started. This was sometime back in the mid '90s. She put "Alex Chilton" on the tape and I loved it.

I never gave them much thought though after that until 2004. In the middle of my huge love of Drive-By Truckers I read an article in Harp magazine where Patterson Hood talks about an album that influenced him. He talked about Tim. I got a friend to hook me up with a copy of the album. Of course I only listened to it a few times and never gave it much of a chance.

You can read that article here from the Harp website.

Then a few weeks later a bunch of us from the radio station are having some beers and this song comes on the jukebox and I love it. Ask the above mentioned friend and ask who it is and he tells me it's The Replacements and it's on the album he gave me before. The song was "Here Comes A Regular" and I went back to the album and have listened to it lots since then.

So enjoy my two favorite songs from The Replacements, "Here Comes A Regular" and "Alex Chilton" together as a zip file on Rapidshare.

Download them here.

Do yourself a favor and pick it up if you don't know much of the band.

Also for some Replacements/Westerberg rare stuff head over to this classic I Am Fuel, You Are Friends post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing