Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Dave Wall and other random found stuff

Pushing off my Anti-Hit list review for a bit. Just found some other stuff that caught my attention starting with Dave Wall.

Dave was a member of the Bourbon Tabernacle Choir who I was fortunate to see play once way back in my second year of university down here in Windsor. Amazing live band. Anyways they've been broken up for a few years now and according to their site are on hiatus until the summer of 2045 which I found funny.

So I was reading an article on Dave Wall from Thursday's Toronto Star plugging his new record The Spell I Was Under. Just got around to it today and was a really interesting story talkin about him being Jewish and singing black American music. You can read the article here.

His new album is out on Black Hen Records and there are some tracks to download.

-"Fortify Me"
-"Wonder"
-"Have No Fear"
-"So Tired"

-On a semi-related note this is as good a time as any to pull out the Rheostatics and Bourbon Tabernacle Choir covering Neil Young's "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere" on Rapidshare of course. It's from the album Borrowed Tunes, a two cd collection of Neil Young covers by Canadian Artists. I'm sure I'll be posting some stuff from it in the future but this is my absolute favorite song from the record from two amazing bands.
-In other fun stuff, The Kelowna Daily Courier has a wire piece up on music blogs and other music related web sites including a couple of ones I haven't checked out before. Thanks to largehearted boy for pointing that out.
-Cable and Tweed has another set of Belle and Sebastian covers up. Is it just me or do all mp3 blog type (including yours truly) people like covers?
-Lastly not sure if I'll get to the Anti-Hit List review today but thought I'd throw the link up for anyone wanting to check it out. Just want to work a bit on my template today and since I have to work tonight I'll be heading to bed early this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing