Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Zunior Monday (on Tuesday) and other stuff...

This week's download from Zunior Records is The Diableros with the song "Olympic Island". Don't know much about the band but it's a pretty catchy song. I guess they're opening up for The Stills across Canada (Jason Collett is opening the Detroit show but that's another story).

You can download "Olympic Island" here.

Other stuff
-So the last show of Tupelo Blue Whiskey was today. Went well even though I didn't get to play half the songs I wanted to. The last 45 minutes was semi-hectic deciding on what can stay and what could go. Even then I was playing songs I didn't really want to play due to time constraints.

Was lots of fun though and in the next week hopefully I'll be putting up farewell mixes from the last show as well as songs I wanted to get on but couldn't.
-Also this week (hopefully tomorrow) some early Feist stuff.
-I'd recommend checking out Rbally for a sweet Wilco bootleg from 1997. Also recommended heading over to So Much Silence for a Neko Case from NPR. Both shows are being put up in multiple posts so no direct link but it'll be easy to find.
-Lastly tomorrow night is the CJAM annual awards aka The Jammies. So if you're in Windsor head over to The Avalon Front for some good fun, good food and good music. Portia and Sledgehammer will be playing after the awards.

That's it for today. Bed time now. Until tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout . . . .

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing