Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Technical Difficulties

For those of you just joining me here at Sweet Static must know two things.

1-My computer sucks. Limited hard drive space, was a freebie hand me down from work, etc.
2-I'm computer stupid. I'm good on the internet, but horrible with technical computer stuff.

So with this in mind right now my computer is going through one of its phases where it decides that my cd drives don't really exist. So I'm not able to rip any songs to put up here on the blog. Sucks big time. Hence the Feist post isn't going to happen until my computer finds my cd drives. Not sure when it'll happen but hopefully soon.

Until then may I recommend you check out Cable and Tweed. Right now there are a ton of Belle and Sebastian covers in the latest post including ones of Bowie, Costello, Michael Jackson, The Smtihs and more. Fun stuff indeed.

-Also the Jammies were last night aka the CJAM volunteer appreciation night. Tupelo Blue Whiskey was soundly defeated in it's last nomination for an award but a fun night was had by all. Congrats to those who did win. Don't feel sad for me though. Even though I did not win an award I did get first pick at the prize table through the raffle and was able to get a $20 gift certificate for the local indie store Dr. Disc. Also got to see Portia for the first time in a long time and was reminded why they are one of my favorite local bands.

Well off to bed. It's Easter and I have to work the death day of Jesus. That's ok though since I'm by myself and get to listen to music I want to hear all night. More coming up tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing