Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder...

Being new to this mp3 blog thing, I wonder if I have committed a sin. For you see Friday March 10th will go down as the first day that I did not post since I have started Sweet Static. Of course it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm posting now but still...

Anyways just a couple of things that have caught my fancy

-On Stereogum they have this link to a funny You Tube thing on the Arctic Monkeys. It's part of something called the Best Week Ever. Of course with me being in Canada and not having cable I have no idea what this is from but it's funny. I did recognize one of the guys from Stella though.
-Couple of dvd announcements that have me excited. First off Zap is reporting that that the My Name Is Earl dvd will be out in the late summer/early fall and will include a crossover with Family Guy

"'We're actually doing 15-minute mini-episode [that asks] what if Earl [Jason Lee] passed by Carson Daly and landed on Stewie from 'Family Guy,'' Garcia says. Garcia is a former producer on "Family Guy," and both it and "Earl" are produced by 20th Century Fox TV."

And finally Arrested Development (rumors of it being back for 2 more seasons on Showtime but nothing confirmed yet) will be out on dvd June 13 as a 2 disc set according to tvshowondvd.com.

Well that's it for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing