Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Windsor music of old and new (plus some Cowbell)

It's always nice seeing friends play music. Didn't stay too long seeing Ron Leary last night with Kenneth MacLeod. Quiet bar, no cover, reasonable beer price. Makes for a good night.

Picked up the new Exclaim Magazine last night. Not sure if it's sad but it is one of the highlights of my month. Haven't read it yet, just breezed through it but looks interesting with Destroyer on the cover. Also had an ad for White Cowbell Oklahoma saying that their new album is out this spring. Always a guilty pleasure of mine. Great rock. Funny thing is that I've never seen them live, just heard stories and pictures. I definitely want to see them live sometime in the near future.

Check out this live version of Southern Grace from their website.

Only other thing to say is that I've tried to stay away from Myspace but the more I poke around the more interesting stuff I find. While checking out Ron Leary's site I came across a guy I used to know, Devin Hughes on there. He used to be in Tthe Redstripes, local band and now looks like he's in Toronto and still putting out music.

Check out the old Redstripes New Music Canada page for some sweet pop/rock stuff. I'm going to have to dig up some of the older stuff.

Also check out Devin's new stuff on Myspace. Sounds good on first listen but I downloaded them to have a better listen in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing