Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Anti-Hit List

Forgot about this with my earlier post. For years John Sakamoto has been putting together a weekly top ten of songs people may not hear, called The Anti-Hit List. It started in the Toronto Sun, moved to Eye Magazine and now resides at the Toronto Star.

Always some fun stuff to find in there from new bands to mash ups, from free mp3s to those songs that some don't want us to hear. This week's list includes Sufjan Stevens, Centro-Matic, Sid 'n Susie (the Matthew Sweet-Susannah Hoffs cover album) and 7 more.

The link above is for all of Sakamoto's columns, and they keep the list for about 3 months back. There's also a podcast of the list which I've never listened to since I don't have Windows 2000 on my computer. You also may have register on the site. I think I did but that was over a year ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing