Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Monday, March 06, 2006

American Girl/Radio news

First off the music. Heather of the most excellent I Am Fuel, You Are Friends asked if I had the Matthew Sweet cover from American Laundromats's new compilation High School Reunion, where band cover songs from your favorite teen comedies of the '80s. Well I was able to get a copy of it so here is Matthew Sweet covering Tom Petty's American Girl, available on yousendit so it won't be up there forever. However if it does somehow go down before the week is up leave a comment and I can put it up again.

As for the song, I like it. But then again I'm biased since he is one of my favorite artists of all time (Girlfriend is on my desert island discs) In the meanwhile you can stream some tracks from his forthcoming album with Susanna Hoffs aka Sid 'n' Susie, of covers from the '60s.

Next up is news about my radio show. For the last four years I've hosted Tupelo Blue Whiskey on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor. Well a station reshuffling has left me with a new time slot. I'm moving from Tuesday mornings from 8-10am to Friday morning 10:30-noon. With it will come a new name and formal (the old show was primarily alt-country, now will be anything)

So good and bad. Good part is a better time slot, later in the day, easier to do interviews which I hope to do. Also Friday has some really good shows. Also the change is a good excuse to give the show a rebirth which I've been thinking about for a while. Bad because if I have plans on Friday could make for a long day (with me working midnights) but that's ok. Also I don't like losing a half hour of time, but what can you do.

So no date when it will take effect, but in the meantime you can tune in to CJAM 91.5 FM tomorrow and listen or take advantage of the log that keeps shows for a month on the site.

Tomorrow a recap of my show with playlist and other fun stuff that I think about or find.

1 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

Hey, thanks for the shoutout and I am glad to point you in the direction of those excellent Dylan live tracks from '62.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing