Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Thurstons

One thing I haven't done a lot of here that I've wanted to do is post on bands that I hear or read about, check them out and like what I hear. So since I've wanted to write about these guys for awhile I thought I'd finally do it.

Back a few months ago on Zunior they mentioned a two piece out of Port Colborne called The Thurstons. It came with a recommendation from Zunior founder Dave Ulrich of The Inbreds who knows about bass and drum combos (in a pop sense not electronic sense).

Anyways we got their new EP, I Have To Live Forever, at the station and I've really liked what I've heard from it, playing stuff on my radio show. They've got a couple of tracks from it on their website and I'd definitely recommend checking them out.

The Thurstons-Monday The New Sunday
The Thurstons-The Plan

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing