Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Anti-Hit List for September 2

Well I'm all moved and stuff so hopefully the posting will be a bit more regular here. Going to start with the brand new Anti-Hit List from John Sakamoto.

Going to start out with music from The Stroke's Albert Hammond, Jr. and his solo record. Sakamoto compares it to, "like a cross between 'The Kids Are Alright'-era Who and the hook-filled melancholy of Fountains of Wayne" He also calls it inconclusive and I agree. I'd like to hear more. You can stream three songs on his Myspace page.

Up next is Newfoundland's Hey Rosetta! A six piece the song Sakamoto points out, "Lions For Scottie" is a nice pop song but also with some strings. I also like the song, "Red Confederates, Red Confessions". Starts out slow and then half way picks up the speed before slowing down again. You can download them from their homepage.
Hey Rosetta!-"Lions For Scottie"
Hey Roseeta!-"Red Confederates, Red Confessions"

Lastly is a reissue of an album by Noel Ellis. Coming from Lights In The Attic label that issued the excellent compilation Jamaica to Toronto earlier this year. Originially released in 1983 Ellis is the son of reggae legend Alton Ellis. You can stream four great songs at the myspace page they set up.

As a bonus the Light In The Attic website has an mp3 from the Jamaica to Toronto: Soul, Funk & Reggae 1967-1974 album. I played this song on my radio show and it's really, really good.

Jo-Jo And The Fugitives-"Chips Chicken Banana Split"

Other stuff in the List this week include The New Nadir, Bat For Lashes, Susan Christie and The Lemonheads.

To read this week's Anti-Hit list you can go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing