Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Anti-Hit List For August 12

Here we go with a look at John Sakamoto's Anti-Hit List for August 12 as seen in the Toronto Star.

First is Ray LaMontagne with the song "Three More Days" from his forthcoming album, "Till The Sun Turns Black". A really nice laidback funk/soul song. Kind of caught me by surprise but I'm really liking it. You can stream it off his Myspace page.

Next we have a band out of Brampton called Five Blank Pages. I think I remember reading about them when I went up NXNE and thought I'd want to check them out and of course I never got around to it. He singles out the song called "She Sleeps Soundly" from a compilation called, A Compilation For Reach The Rainbow. Sakamoto says, "If this sublime slice of pop heaven had been released by a band from, say, Brooklyn instead of Brampton, we'd probably be reading about them on Pitchfork." Definitely worth checking out. You can stream the song on their Myspace page. Which also has these two songs to download.
Five Blank Pages-"A Point Of Reference"
Five Blank Pages-"Richie T"

Lastly we have a mash with Feist and Rare Earth bye Luke Lenlow. "Mashaboom" takes "Mushaboom" and "I Just Want To Celebrate" and is pretty fun.
Feist vs Rare Earth-"Mashaboom"

That's all for my review but also included is stuff on the Be Good Tanyas, Jet, Orson and more. To check out the entire Anti-Hit List you can go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing