Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Sweet Static playlist 4/29

Weird show, no internet access so no mp3 blog stuff. I guess not really a weird show, just not what my new format was planned. Anyways here's the playlist...

You can listen to Sweet Static, every Friday from 10:30am to noon on 91.5 FM in Windsor/Detroit. Or you can tune in on the internet at
-http://cjam.ca, under listen or
-opening a url on whatever player you use and put in http://137.207.3.11:8050/

The show is archived for a month at http://web2.uwindsor.ca/cjam/nvd_mp3.html

as always...

cc-canadian content
*-in rotation
r-request
mp3-from an mp3 blog

the beatles-oh! darling from abbey road (apple-1969)
paul kelly-it's my baby from eccentric soul: the deep city label (numero group-2006) *
the bourbon tabernacle choir-be my witness from shyfolk (yonder-1995) cc
nathan coles outfit-I watch from twelve upheavals that brought the redwoods to flight (indie-2005) cc
ron sexsmith-nothing good from other songs (interscope-1997) cc
sean lennon-mystery juice from into the sun (grand royal-1998)
the dears-lost in the plot from no cities left (maple-2003) cc
the flaming lips-the sound of failure from at war with the mystics (warner-2006) *
pete seeger-oh, mary, don't you weep from american favorite ballads volume 1 (smithsonian folkways-2002)
bruce springsteen from we shall overcome: the seeger sessions (columbia-2006)
-old dan tucker
-my oklahoma home
tom waits-pony from mule variations (anti-1999)
geoff berner-unlistenable song from whiskey rabbi (black hen-2005) cc
camera obscura title track from lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken single (merge-2006) *
the hidden cameras-I believe in the good of life from mississauga goddam (outside-2004) cc
gnarles barkley-just a thought from st. elsewhere sampler (downtown-2006) *
they might be giants-who the alphabet in alphabetical order from here come the abcs (disney sound-2005)
drive-by truckers-aftermath usa from a blessing and a curse (new west-2006) *
craig cardiff-one I love from fistful of flowers (maple-2006) cc
pure-lemonade from generation six-pack (attic-1996) cc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing