Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My best of 2004 List

Yes let the time travel continue. 2004 was the first year I officially did a top 13 for the year on my old show Tupelo Blue Whiskey. Even then I still had a ton of stuff that I didn't get to play.

Here's the list before I comment on it more (cc is Canadian content by the way)

album #13-ford pier-"pier-ic victory" six shooter
album #12-sarah harmer-"all of our names" cold snap/universal cc
album #11-feist-"let it die" arts & crafts cc
album #10-neko case-"the tigers have spoken" mint
album #9-wilco-"a ghost is born" nonesuch
album #8-brian wilson-"smile" nonesuch
album #7-greenfield main-"barnburners & heartchurners" kelp cc
album #6-sun kill moon-"ghosts of the great highway" jetset
album #5-bonnie "prince billy-"sings greatest palace music" drag city
album #4-the magnetic fields-"i" nonesuch
album #3-loretta lynn-"van lear rose" interscope
album #2-drive by truckers-"the dirty south" new west
album #1-arcade fire-"funeral" merge

It was definitely the year of the Arcade Fire and I wasn't going to argue. It's one of those things where you hate to look like you have no immagination when everyone and their cousin is picking the same thing as best album but to me it was and it still holds up for me to this day.

Other then that I'd probably just move some stuff around but not really take anything out. Only albums I'd seriously think about moving in would be The Hidden Camera's Mississauga Goddam and Peter Elkas' Party of One.

Album I listen to the most today on the list would be Greenfield Main. You can download some Greenfield Main from the Kelp Records website.

"Matilda"
"Fireworks Display"

Album I listen to the least would probably be the Sarah Harmer or Magnetic Fields record.

To see the entire playlist you can head to the original post of it in my Livejournal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing