Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sweet Static: an introduction...

Well here we go. Another mp3 blog. The world wonders why...why another mp3 blog. The answer is simple my friends.

Because I wanted to.

Lately I've been really enjoying exploring the world of mp3 blogs. Finding rare bootlegs, radio sessions, leaked albums. It is this music geek's dream come true.

Yet I want to add my two cents in. I want to put up tracks that I think are amazing. I want to plug shows that I've seen or wish I could see. Talk about the albums that are making me happy. So there you go. Now you know.

Hopefully I'll be able to open up some ears to some great music.

Now some things to point out before you get into the wonderful world of me and music...

-I'm computer stupid. I can find my way around the internet fine and dandy but anything technical I'm in trouble. So in the beginning don't expect anything too fancy. I doubt there will be many pictures or flashing lights. It'll mostly be words, links and mp3's. Which brings me too...
-I have never done an mp3 blog before. I'm coming into this new and I'm learning as I go. In the beginning things will be messy I'm sure. Most of my links to mp3s will be through yousendit that I'll set up myself and refresh if need be.
-Lots of tracks are going to be from the web. However sometimes I'll put up something of my own. If you are an artist that I put put up and it isn't cool, please let me know and I'll take it down ASAP.
-I have no problem being biased. If a friend or someone I know puts something out that is great I will push it to no end. You have been warned.
-This will also be tied into my radio show I do. For the past four years I've hosted a show on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ont. It's been called Tupelo Blue Whiskey. They're talking about major changes in the near future at the station and I'd like to retire Tupelo Blue Whiskey and start fresh as Sweet Static.

So there you go. Hopefully you enjoy the ride and hopefully I enjoy bringing this to you. If you want please say hi. And if you happen to have any suggestions feel free to make them. I have thick skin and welcome any advice to make this as good as possible.

Anyways to end this off I thought I'd put up a link of an mp3 (original thought, huh?)

Alun Piggins is out of Toronto (and formerly Guelph and London I believe) He used to head the Morganfields. Now he's leading his band Alun Piggins and the Quitters featuring Jay Santiago on drums and a number of bassists. He's about to release a new album over the summer.

Anyways on his website they've put up a live version of Neil Young's "Cortez the Killer" from the Townhouse in Sudbury from spring of 2005.

He's got some dates upcoming around Ontario including one May 6 at Phog Lounge here in Windsor.

Anyways that's it for now. Sweet Static has officially started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing