Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Big CJAM News

I've been lazy on doing posts other then my show's playlists (and even those have lagged) but lots have been going on at my radio home, CJAM FM in Windsor.

Late last year the CBC approached the station, wanting to take over our frequency, which they can do since we didn't have protected status. They did say there was a frequency available that would fit our needs. So off the station went and applied for the new frequency and after being approved on a technical basis, today the CRTC approved the move officially. Sometime in the future CJAM will move down the dial from 91.5 FM to 99.1 FM. Same name, same website. Full details are available on the website by clicking here.

Also it's that time of the year again, the annual CJAM awards, The Jammies. Lots of categories and all of your favorite shows are nominated. Voting closes on April 15th so don't wait too long to vote.

I'm off to do my show now but I'm going to get back to posting. Seen some really great shows lately (Ford Pier, United Steel Workers Of Montreal) and it's time to get off my ass and start getting the word out again.

To vote for your favorite show at CJAM click here.

The Jammy Awards party is at the Fish Market on April 24 and The Locusts Have No King will be playing the show.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing