Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sweet Static Playlist For February 26

You can listen to Sweet Static, every Friday from 10:30am to noon on 91.5 FM in Windsor/Detroit. Or you can tune in on the internet at
-http://cjam.ca, under listen or
-opening a url on whatever player you use and put in http://137.207.3.11:8050/

New and improved broadband stream from the station, as well as the original lo-fi stream.

The show is archived for a month at http://web2.uwindsor.ca/cjam/nvd_mp3.php with a new, easier to navigate layout.

A special show this week. As some of you might know Phog Lounge won the CBC Radio 3 contest to name the best live venue in Canada. So to help celebrate I played songs from bands that have played there (or are about to) in some of my favorite shows that I've seen there. Ran out of time so no bands like The Barmitzvah Brothers, Mr. Chill, Peter Elkas, Fembots, Alun Piggins, The Bicycles, The Silt, etc. I'll have more on this later (yeah I real post)

as always...

cc-canadian content
*-in rotation
r-request
mp3-from an mp3 blog (link on the mp3)

Megan Hamilton-Beautiful Girl from How We Think About Light cc
Final Fantasy-This Lamb Sells Condos from He Poos Clouds cc
Geoff Berner-Luck In Exile from Klezmer Mongrels cc *
Rock Plaza Central-Them from Quantum Butterass cc
The Old Soul-River Of Daughters from self-titled album cc
Hot Panda-Afraid Of The Weather from Volcano...Bloody Volcano cc *
The Awkward Stage-Anime Eyes from Slimming Mirrors, Flattering Lights cc
The DoneFors-The King And Me from How To Have Sex With Canadians cc *
Nathan Lawr And The Minotaurs-Righteous Heart from A Sea Of Tiny Lights cc
Andrew Vincent-Fooled Again from Rotten Pear cc *
Ron Leary-The Road In Between from theroadinbetween cc
Ford Pier-Maybe It Came At The Wrong Time from Organ Farming cc
The Two-Minute Miracles-National Ant-Hum from Volume III: The Silence Of Animals cc
The Joel Plaskett Emergency-It's Catching On from Down At The Khyber cc
Julie Doiron-So Fast from Lonliest In The Morning cc

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing