Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

More On Life After The Rheos

More and more Rheostatic stuff to check out.

Darrin from the Rheostatics Live website has also started a site dedicated to the end of the band. Good Gone Dead is collecting anything and everything from the last week of shows and everything after.

Over at radio free canuckistan, Michael Barclay's review is up. A must read for any fan. You can read his thoughts on the last three Rheo shows here.

The Globe And Mail had a write-up from Dave Bidini on the last show. Very nice and definitely worth checking out. To see's Dave's article go here.

Zunior had a free mash up from The Golden Seals called RHEOVOLVER.

The Golden Seals-RHEOVOLVER

Lastly I'm in the middle of writing my Rheostatic post. Hopefully going to knock it out in the next day or so. Just not used to writing something like this (it's been a bit) so it's a little slow coming.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike - I'm loving reading everything on the Rheo's farewell shows, plus you're providing great linkage! I thought you might also want to read the review + memoires peice I did over on BlogTO (which is also archived on my own site, link below). The article gathers fan thoughts & comments from the Fish Mailin' members and others, and I think it makes for a nice peice with a lot of heart:

http://www.blogto.com/music/2007/04/what_the_rheostatics_mean_to_me/

All the best,

Beth Hamill
live music photography
www.rockpaperpixels.com

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing