Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Anti-Hit List for May 27

Time for this week's Anti-Hit List from John Sakamoto of the Toronto Star.

This week gonna start off with a cover song. Halbino is from L.A. and they've taken 50 Cents' hit song "In Da Club" and turned it into a cheesy pop song. Really fun stuff. Think of Dynamite Hack's cover of "Boyz in Hood".

Halbino-"In Da Club"

The Acorn is also on the list this week with a cover. This is one of Ottawa's Chris Page from the brand new Kelp Records compilation, Will the Bytown Be Unbroken. The album is the a series of Ottawa/Kelp artists covering each other. You can get the song from their Myspace site below.

The Acorn-"Guilt Trip Fashion"

Up next is Portland, Oregon's Eux Autres. A bilingual band that's a brother/sister two piece that plays pretty pop songs. Sakamoto points out the song "Other Girls" which you can stream off their Myspace page. You can also download a song off their new album, Hell is Eux Autres which is out on Grenadine Records.

Eux Autres-"Ecoutez Bien"

On a side note I'm glad to see Grenadine releasing something. Maybe I've been out of the loop, which is entirely possible, but this is the first time I've heard of something coming from them in a bit. Just checking out their site they have been quiet for a year and a half but it's great to see them back.

Well that's it for the list from me this week. Other stuff on this week's list includes The Appleseed Cast, a couple of mash ups and The Automatic. To read the entire list you can go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing