Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Anti-Hit List for May 20

Not a lot of time and some bad links when I searched out stuff so a shortened recap of John Sakamoto's Anti-Hit List this week.

The first thing to catch my eye was new music from The Sleepy Jackson. Unfortunately the lead single "God Lead Your Soul" wasn't connecting on their Myspace page. But Sakamoto says that it, "...doesn't sound much like their previous output but can still be summed up using the same adjectives: lush, summery, ethereal and three or four others plucked straight from the rock-crit thesaurus." Hopefully you have better luck with the connection then me if you go there to check it out.

Sweeden's El Perro Del Mar is also featured. She's got 4 songs for download on her website. "God knows(you gotta give to get)" is a beautiful pop song. You can try and download it from her site but I was having troubles with it.

El Perro Del Mar-"God knows(you gotta give to get)"

It is also available for download from her Myspace page.

Like I said bad time for me with connections and crap. New stuff also on the List from Bruce Cockburn, Keane, Outkast.

To read this week's entire Anti-Hit List go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing