Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Sweet Static: The Return

I should admit that the title of this post is a bit of false advertising. Sweet Static hasn't really gone anywhere. The radio show has been buzzing along but as anyone who might happen upon the website might know, it has suffered. But this is changing. There a couple of reasons I've decided to get back to posting on here

1-I'm on a wave of inspiration from a lot of great music I've been exposed to lately.
2-So much good music coming up for me in the next few weeks. The CBC Radio 3/Phog Lounge Phog Phest is coming up, as well as another trip for me up to Guelph for the Hillside Festival.
3-I would like to considered for the jury for the Polaris Music Prize next year. For those of you who don't know, the Polaris Music Prize is the award for the best Canadian album of the year. It starts out with 185 people voting from all eligible albums and the Long List comes out with 40 albums. They then vote again from those 40 albums and it gets narrowed down to 10 albums. Those are then voted on by the 11 person Grand Jury. However I figure my radio show isn't enough to get on the jury, so I'm bring back the blog back to try and strengthen my case. I'll have more on this later, but I officially want to declare my candidacy for the 2010 Polaris Jury as of today.

That's it for now. Heading out to see Mr. Chill and Greg Cox tonight and have some stuff to do before that. Real posts begin tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing