Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Changes In Drive-By Truckers

Well Jason Isbell is no longer in Drive-By Truckers. The two announcements online yesterday seem to paint different pictures.

On the Truckers website Patterson Hood has a long message about the split. He calls it, "extremely amicable" and credits the change to "a period of personal and artistic growth from all sides which has left us with differing dreams and goals." He goes on to wish him well and talking about Truckers news, including them going into the studio for their next album, tour plans and that founding member John Neff would be returning to the band full-time.

On Jason's Myspace page is two blog entries. One at 6pm that says "I am not in the Drive By Truckers anymore. Go figure. I wish them luck. I will not answer questions about it." Then a second one at 8pm "If I could change it...I would."

Be interesting to see if anything comes out of this. I could sit around and try to guess but I'd just be full of crap. I will say that it's really too bad that they're going separate ways. They were really incredible together. That being said I'm a big fan and can't wait to see the directions that two go in now.

For the record Jason Isbell's record, Sirens Of The Ditch, comes out on New West Records in July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing