Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Last Town Chorus

Part of the fun is seeing something on a band you've never heard of before, getting interested and then finding out that they're pretty good. Allow me to mention The Last Town Chorus.

I was on Chart Magazine's website and ran across a story of them. I thought they sounded pretty interesting and checked out and did really like what I heard.

Apparently others do to since I've gotten a couple of comments about them on one of my playlist posts. Now I haven't heard the whole album, just a few songs that I've played on my show but it is really good.

Checking out their website I found these fun covers for download.


The Last Town Chorus-"Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" live

The Last Town Chorus-"Modern Love" live

To read the original article that peaked my interest go here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should definitely buy the whole record. my sister saw them perform while she was studying in london, so she got the wire waltz import and burned it for me; the US one just came out, and its cheaper than the import, so get it! It's out on Hacktone reocrds (http://hacktone.com)

5:38 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I'll get around to getting it soon hopefully. I do like what I've heard. Just got to remember to grab it more often when doing the radio edition.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing