Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Another Year, Another Hillside Festival

Yes that's right. One of the Sweet Static traditions has been trying to bring you the earliest scoops on the line up for the Hillside Festival in Guelph. Just got one thing to go over. I only post listings from legit sources like Pollstar or Clive or from actual band sites. I may hear stuff or get tips like "a friend of my cousin says" but I don't post them.

First off isn't really new news but I'll add it to be complete. This year marks the first ever Hillside Inside, taking place in Guelph's Sleeman Center on February 2. The list of performers includes

-Master Musicians of Jajouka
-City and Colour
-Xavier Rudd
-The Weakerthans
-Tokyo Police Club
-Cuff the Duke
-Shout Out Out Out Out
-Wintersleep
-Attack in Black
-Martyn Joseph
-Les Batinses
-The Abrams Brothers
-Roxanne Potvin
-Zaki Ibrahim
-Bocce
-Hayley Sales

For full details on the performers and links go here.

Next up is the first listings of bands for the original Hillside Festival, happening July 25-27. I know it's only January but so far three acts have been found online.

-First off Clive is listing Evalyn Parry
-Next Spiral Beach has an appearance listed on their Myspace page.
-Last but not least the Facebook group, "Friends of Black Cabbage - Need a re-union show" sent out a note saying, "Ok folks, it is a go, and it is official. Black Cabbage, with the full line up, is getting back together to play the Hillside Festival summer 2008." Now it's not like one of my usual sources but a former member of the band is in the group so if it was fake I'm sure something would of been said.

Ok that's all I've got for now. More posts though when I find more info.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Stefan Andrushenko said...

Any news on hillside '08?

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing