Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Top Detroit Songs Of All Time

One of my favorite local reads is Detroit's The Metro Times. It's the weekly alternative paper for the area. Anyways this week they had an interesting story. The top 100 Detroit songs of all time.

This here is the top ten.

1 "What's Going On" Marvin Gaye (Tamla) 1971
2 "Living for the City" Stevie Wonder (Tamla) 1973
3 "96 Tears" Question Mark & the Mysterians (Cameo) 1966
4 "No Fun" The Stooges (Elektra) 1969
5 "Boogie Chillen" John Lee Hooker (Modern) 1948
6 "Runaway" Del Shannon (Big Top) 1961
7 "I'm Eighteen" Alice Cooper (Warner Bros.) 1971
8 "Will You, Won't You, Be My Babe" McKinney's Cotton Pickers (Victor) 1929
9 "Love Child" The Supremes (Motown) 1968
10 "Kick Out the Jams" The MC5 (Elektra) 1969

For the entire list and reasonings go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing