Sweet Static

Yes, another mp3 blog. Trying to share what I like with the world. The music here is for sampling only and are up for a limited time. It's simple really you see. If you like the music then go out and support the artists. Buy a cd/mp3/eight track, make a request on radio, see them live, tell others about it. This way this wonderful medium hopefully won't be stomped on.

Name:
Location: Windsor, Ont, Canada

Sweet Static is an mp3 blog that allows me to share the music I love and also to point out other cool things around the internet that catch my attention. It is also a place where I can talk about my radio show by the same name, now on Thursday nights from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm on CJAM 91.5 FM in Windsor, Ontario. Got something I should hear? Email me at sweetstatic @ gmail.com. All comments left here are emailed to my inbox, so you can get a hold of me that way also. You can also follow the show/me on twitter at sweetstaticcjam.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Around The Blogs

Haven't done this feature in a while but thought I'd bring it back to highlight some stuff I've found the last few days.

-B(oot)Log has a concert from Guelph's Habitat (a side project of Dubervilles and The Barmitzvah Brothers) from Kingston.
-The Habitat post led to me Mocking Music. There I found a concert from The Hold Steady from Ottawa. Fifteen song show, fits on one cd. What more can you ask for. To check it out go here.
-Heather over at I Am Fuel, You Are Friends, has a very interesting post where all the Pearl Jam Christmas singles are posted. Songs are available individually or as a big zip file. Lots of interesting looking covers there (downloaded it but haven't listened to it yet) including Elvis, Jackson 5ive, Ramones and more. Go here to grab it for yourself.
-Lastly I have to give some props to a good friend Michael and his blog, Radio Free Canuckistan. No music here but lots of great stuff from the little bit I've been able to check out. He writes for a lot of great publications like Eye and Exclaim and here he puts up his full interviews for the articles he does. So far he's posted stuff on Dave Bidini, Spiral Beach, Sloan, Beirut and many more. He's always been a favorite writer of mine so the chance to get his raw materials is pretty sweet to me.

Alright off to get some sleep before I have to go back to the real world. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up this feature since I've always enjoyed it. Back tonight hopefully or tomorrow at the latest with the Canadian campus radio charts and a link for an interview with Ron Sexsmith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web tracker Performancing